When summer is in full swing, it becomes almost irresistible to want to spend more time outdoors. With the sunny days and longer nights, your garden can suddenly become The favorite place for your friends and family. To spend even more time outdoors this summer, consider building an outdoor kitchen in your garden. With a Backyard kitchen, you can prove your culinary skills under the stars and enjoy your favorite dishes on your Patio or Terrace.
But how exactly do you start building your own ultimate backyard kitchen? At first glance, this might seem like a monumental task. For those with smaller yards, you may even be worried that you won’t be able to accommodate a backyard kitchen on your property. However, this is not entirely true, because you can (with a little creativity and planning) design a Backyard kitchen for any size and room. Here we provide a quick guide to help you build your ultimate backyard kitchen. Regardless of the size of your garden or your budget, there are innovative and creative ways to enjoy the pleasure of cooking outdoors. Read on to find out how you can get started.
STEPS TO BUILD YOUR OWN BACKYARD KITCHEN
There is no right way to start building your own backyard kitchen. When you work with a professional outdoor kitchen design company, they will accompany you along the way and help you plan, design and layout before starting the first pickaxe. However, with some experience in construction, many people can even implement their own backyard kitchen.
Here’s a step-by-step approach to building the ultimate backyard kitchen:
1. planning your outdoor kitchen design and layout.
Measure twice, cut once, right? This old saying can help you save time and money throughout the construction process by having a detailed plan and detailed layout before starting construction. Sketch out a rough layout of how your outdoor kitchen will look and take careful measurements for larger features such as a kitchen island, barbecue, and cabinets.
2. Location of the outdoor kitchen.
Location, Location, Location. Determining exactly where your kitchen will be in your garden is a crucial decision. Many families choose to build their outdoor kitchen comfortably near their home. This is especially useful if you are building on an existing Terrace or patio. However, for those who have a larger garden, you may want to expand more to open up your outdoor area and use the space.
When choosing your location, think about a few important points, such as a solid foundation and access to electricity and water, which can be all the more difficult as you build your backyard kitchen.
3. Outdoor Kitchen Appliances.
Now that you have a rough idea of the size and space of your outdoor kitchen, it’s time to fill in the gaps with Backyard kitchen appliances. From barbecues, pizza ovens, slow cookers to sinks and cabinets, you have a wide choice when it comes to your outdoor kitchen appliances.
It’s time to get your hands dirty. For those who have experience in construction, you need to make sure that you use the right materials that are resistant to temperatures and weathering. Working with a trusted outdoor kitchen design company can help you create the perfect outdoor kitchen and dining room.
KITCHEN APPLIANCES IN THE YARD
Choosing your backyard kitchen equipment can be one of the most fun — and most important – parts of building the ultimate outdoor kitchen. Your outdoor cooking appliances determine what you can take out when cooking outdoors and can help you return to them so often during food preparation.
Here are some of the most popular backyard kitchen appliances:
- Barbecue: Nothing says as much about summer and outdoor cooking as the classic type of barbecue. Bring some warmth to your backyard kitchen with a grill to prepare all your favorite meats and vegetables. Portable barbecues are particularly suitable for small rooms.
- Outdoor pizza oven: To take your outdoor cooking to the next level, many families even install a full outdoor pizza oven. What better way to enjoy this classic dish that the whole family will love than with your own pizza oven? No more worries about pizza delivery for your household.
- Slow Cooker: If barbecue is not your specialty, consider adding a slow cooker to your backyard kitchen. Just throw in your favorite meat and let the slow cooker take care of the rest. For that “fall off the bone” flavor and texture, nothing beats a slow cooker.
- Outdoor refrigerator: a must when it’s hot outside.An outdoor refrigerator helps you keep your ingredients cool and is the perfect place to store leftovers.
- Ice maker: The best way to stay cool on hot summer days is to use an ice maker in your backyard kitchen. Keep your drinks (and yourself) cool while you’re over the grill, and save yourself the hassle of going back when you need to refresh your drink.